The Research Data Center (FDZ) at the Institute for Educational Quality Improvement (IQB) archives and documents German datasets from large, national and international school performance studies (e.g. IGLU, PISA, TIMSS, IQB Assessment Studies) and national studies on educational standards (e.g. ELEMENT, BiKS, ASCOT) and makes them available to researchers for secondary analysis. Interested researchers may gain access to the datasets after successful application. For more information on the application process and available data, please see the IQB website.
FDZ-IQB has received accreditation according to the accreditation criteria of the German Data Forum.
Since October 2011, FDZ-IQB has been part of an agency, funded by the federal government and the Länder, aimed at project coordination of research activities on educational standards between the IQB and the Centre for International Student Assessment.
(as of 1/2/2017)
- Attention is doing school: Development and Evaluation of an Advanced Vocational Training for Pedagogical Employees in Open full-time Schools in order to promote Concentrated Working Behavior in Situations of Homework.
- Educational Processes, Competence Development and Selection Decisions in Preschool and School Age (BiKS-3-10, BiKS-8-14)
- Academic Language Competencies - Affordances, Language Processing, and Diagnostics (BiSpra I)
- Broad Pedagogical Knowledge and the Development of Professional Competence in Teacher Education (BilWiss)
- Assessment of Student Achievements in German and English as a Foreign Language (DESI)
- Technology-Oriented Assessment of Professional Competencies in Nursing (TEMA)
- Progress in International Reading Literacy Study (IGLU 2001, 2006, 2011)
- IQB National Assessment Study (2008/09, 2011, 2012)
- Competence Measurement Based on Simulations and adaptive Testing in Medical Settings (CoSMed VidSim)
- Components of Vocational Competence of Lateral Entrants and Graduate Students in Teacher Training in Physics (Low Track and Middle Track) (proPHI)
- Cumulative Assessment Study on Mathematics in Rhineland-Palatinate: Competencies, Classroom Teaching Features, School Context (MARKUS)
- Mental Representation of Numbers and Arithmetical Competence in Early Primary School Age (MenZa)
- Measuring general competences-adaptive (CoSMed MaK-adapt)
- Teachers’ Professionalisation for Promotion the Reading Comprehension (ProLeLe)
- Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012; PISA-I-Plus 2003/04)
- Quality Assessment of Mathematics Instruction at Schools (QuaSUM)
- Study on the Development of All-Day Schools (StEG)
- Stereotype Threat as a Cause for the low Achievement of Students With Migration Background in the German Educational System (Stereotype Threat)
- Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS 2007, 2011)
- Domain specific Problem-solving Skills of Prospective Industrial Clerks (DomPL-IK)