1. The German Data Forum’s Business Office assesses the legitimacy of the complaint based on the given information.
2. In case of a positive result, the Business Office requests a written statement on the matter from the affected RDC. (Duration: ca. 4-8 weeks)
3. The complaint and the RDC’s statement are forwarded to the German Data Forum’s monitoring commission, which decides how to proceed. (Decision no later than 8 weeks)
4. If the complaint is deemed irrelevant or if a timely solution can be expected from the RDC, the complaints procedure is concluded. The complainant and the German Data Forum will be informed about the result in a timely manner.
5. If the complaint is deemed relevant and the RDC is unable to reach a solution, the German Data Forum decides on an evaluation procedure.
6. In case of a positive decision, an evaluation procedure is initiated.
7. If the complaint is confirmed by the evaluation and the RDC (or the institution in charge of the RDC, respectively) is unable to remediate the problem, the German Data Forum may consider revoking the RDC’s accreditation.