The aim of the working group "Data Protection and Qualitative Social Research" under the direction of Prof. Stefan Liebig is to improve secondary use of qualitative data. The group has agreed on three central work packages:
- Drafting of a declaration of consent for qualitative interviews;
- Drafting of a recommendation on data protection issues in order to influence the legislative procedure on an EU level;
- Drafting of recommendations on pseudonymization and anonymization.
Status: The working group has been successfully concluded.
- Doris Bambey, German Institute for International Educational Research (DIPF)
- Heidi Schuster, Max Planck Society
- Prof. Dr. Cornelia Helfferich, Freiburg Protestant University of Applied Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Liebig, University of Bielefeld (chair)
- Heike Mittelmeier, ifo institute
- Prof. Dr. Bernt Schnettler, University of Bayreuth
- Prof. Dr. Gerald Spindler, University of Göttingen
- Dr. Ralf Tscherwinka, Lawyer
- Oliver Watteler, GESIS Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
- Dr. Andreas Witzel, University of Bremen